Virtual Field Trips
Imagine yourself surrounded by the unique and iconic art installations of Dale Chihuly – WITHOUT the hassle of arranging transportation and wrangling groups of children and chaperones!
Tour the Chihuly Collection safely from your home or classroom (with additional add-on opportunities at the Morean Arts Center, Morean Glass Studio and Morean Center for Clay)
A variety of topics listed below, all just $12.50 per student
Color and Form
– A virtual tour of the Chihuly Collection and insights on Dale Chihuly’s personal creative journey, overcoming disabilities and the critical importance of teamwork.
– Learn how Dale Chihuly faced personal and physical challenges in pursuit of his Art.
– Discover the chemistry, process and artistry of glass blowing, connecting Art and Science.
– See the Importance of Teamwork to the success of major art projects. Join Interactive Discussions with Glass Art Experts and more!
Artist as Activist
– Artistic Activism combines creativity and social commentary to move
us emotionally to bring about social change.
-Quinton Merada uses his art to explore social challenges through history.
-Merada was always drawn to create and studied arts at John Hopkins Middle School and
the Pinellas County Center for the Arts at Gibbs High School.
Science of Glass Art – glass artists talk about the math, chemistry
Math of Mud – clay art fundamentals and exploration of the steps involved in making and firing a clay piece
Chemistry of Glazing
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeMB72PSdq7ijfQIG9zaCr0C73hDB8W_NH0RErzDE2FOeb-vg/viewform” text=”Book Now!” ]
After submitting your information in the Tour Request Form, the Group Sales Coordinator will respond directly to your request and will be able to answer any questions you may have. You will also receive a follow-up packet via email with FAQs.
If questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact us, we are here to make your experience unlike any other:
(727) 822-7872 ext. 2123