Beginning Drawing with Carmen Cruz
Wednesdays, 6 classes
2pm – 4:30pm
Winter Session 2 (March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5)
Spring Session (April 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24)
Drawing is the fundamental starting point for the making of art. Whether you are new to art-making or are looking for a class to help solidify these basic skills, it’s never too late or too early to take a drawing class. We will focus on line and mass, organic and geometric shape-making, and the depiction of volume.
Continuing students are always welcome: the structure of this class works for students of all levels. Class curriculum and projects will be slightly different each session, offering new perspectives every time the class is offered.
Drawing class syllabus:
- Learning the correct sharpening and use of the pencil
- Exercises to develop eye-hand coordination
- Various drawing techniques: contour, using geometrical shapes, understanding negative shapes, to scale, perspective
- Rules of shading for a 3D effect
- Creative drawing
- Demonstrations and personal assistance throughout the course
Materials (student responsibility):
- Drawing pad 18 x 24 minimum size
- Drawing pencils ( 6.B. )
- Kneaded eraser
Purchasing a gift for someone? Consider a gift card! Call us at 727-822-7872 or drop in during business hours!
Sign up for a membership HERE, and receive $50 off
For more information, please call the Morean Arts Center at 727.822.7872